SIII reverse stop hinge

The sprung hinge that engages reverse broke on my 1973 SIII 88". Unfortunately the spare gearbox at the end of the garden has a different screw hole position where it attachs onto the rear selector rod.

Please enlighten me. My SIII has the two holes horizontal, the spare box has two holes positioned vertically. There is no mention of the different types on Paddock/Craddocks websites. Anybody know the part numbers?

Cheers for any help offered. David.

Reply to
DavidM

502202 Sprung Hinge Bracket - Reverse Gear Gate - SIII to (G)24601113C/90442280C/94131535C £9.40 inc VAT FRC3947 Sprung Hinge Bracket - Reverse Gear Gate - SIII from (G)24601114C/90442281C/94131536C £pend Richard
Reply to
beamendsltd

Cheers, is that the number on top of the transfer case, or the chassis number? David

Reply to
DavidM

It's the gearbox number - I'm having a senior moment as to whether Series boxes have seperate numbers for the transfer box......

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

One serial number for the whole box including transfer I think, situated on main gearbox top cover, right hand side up to and including Series 111 suffix A, then on top front edge of transfer box subsequently.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Oily wrote: > One serial number for the whole box including transfer I think, situated on

Thanks very much. I wonder if my brother will be able to find it in the dark and covered with oily mud. David

Reply to
DavidM

Brother found a number on the gearbox. It was a cast number (not stamped) and read upside down - FRC1809VF3

This looks nothing like the ones that Richard quoted. Does it make any sense to the knowledgeable people out there?

Reply to
DavidM

Looks like you've found the part no. of the gearbox casing.

Reply to
EMB

That's a part number - probably a pre-production one that never made it into the parts system - it doen't apprear to be valid.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd