muddied waters

Greetings One and All
On the trail of the new water pump &c.
Tell me if you can of the link between these two pages ...
https://www.land-rover-parts-shop.com/shop/en/browse/Defender+110/1/0/6/10/14/1537
http://www.mansfieldmotorsltd.co.uk/shop/en/browse/Defender+110/1/0/6/11/13/816
I wonder if this is collaboration, collusion, plagiarism or fraud? In any event I now don't feel as though I can place my trust in either site without some reasonable explanation.
If the product pages above aren't enough, then consider these pages ....
https://www.land-rover-parts-shop.com/shop/en /
http://www.mansfieldmotorsltd.co.uk/shop/en /
Perhaps someone here as previous experience of either company?
--
William Tasso

110 V8

Went back to basics and contacted Craddocks (for all the usual warm fuzzies).
Just a little disappointed that they appear to have become a true dot.com outfit - not in stock, that'll be 2/3 days sir.
Distribution efficiencies are still lagging way behind my expectations and holding back this interweb thingy. How difficult is it to have items despatched from their actual location to the desired destination?
oh well. maybe there'll be a nice warm snap when I get the parts.
--
William Tasso

You could try elsewhere (hint).
Richard
--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk snipped-for-privacy@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done

well, I did leave enough hints lying around in this group that I was in the market. got the impression at one point that I was having one of those invisible moments - you know the type of thing ... white 110 on a well lit street and the daft buggers just don't seem to notice you are there - sometimes have those on the bike I know, but in a /white/ 110? :)
--
William Tasso

110 V8
about:

Given you both drive white 110's I feel neither of you can see it other... perhaphs some smoke may help.
:-)
Lee D

red arrows style? foolish boy :)
no smoke, plenty steam :(
--
William Tasso

On or around Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:50:16 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd

teehee.
Satisfying: Satisfy your inner child by eating ten tubes of Smarties

ok, so I had a few moments to spare and wandered over to the suggested location.
I know Richard didn't ask for a site review and also that this is the wrong forum, but hey, that site is in need of a makeover (no offence intended) - do you know how difficult it is to read black & dark blue on a dark green background?
ps: love the winking graphics on the home page :)
--
William Tasso

110 V8 (white)
William Tasso wrote:

...but it works, it loads fast and more to the point he has the parts in stock.
Steve

I'm all in favour of constructive critism - that's the first regarding black on green (boy did I get some stick for red on blue!) - I'll bear it in mind, but I have to say I rather like it.

Sometime I'll find an excuse to put all the rest back - originaly it was a full MOT.
Richard
--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk snipped-for-privacy@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
On or around Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:50:10 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd

dark text on light background is the best of the lot. You don't actually have to use black and white, though.
Yours works OK for me, but might not be so good for people with less-than-optimal colour vision.
you could lighten the green a bit, I guess. Make it more like original series I green (the name of which I've forgotten), you know, the pale ones.

That's a relief :)

not surprised - there's a very good reason for that.

if you want an unbiased opinion take a wander over to news:alt.html.critique or perhaps news:alt.www.webmaster - wear a tin hat and your flame retardent suit <g>
--
William Tasso

nah! I like *constructive* critism!
Richard
--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk snipped-for-privacy@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
beamendsltd wrote:

Don't mind the black on green it was the red on green what screwed my minces. There's one on the brake kits page even now although I think it says Hits rather than Kits, but I can't read it.
--
"He who says it cannot be done should not interrupt her doing it."

If at first you don't succeed,

Found a Hit rather than Kit for STC4403 - corrected for next update.
Cheers Richard
--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk snipped-for-privacy@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
beamendsltd wrote:

Marmite On Toast?

--
"He who says it cannot be done should not interrupt her doing it."

If at first you don't succeed,

Not originaly there, but could be added......

Richard
--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk snipped-for-privacy@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
Running a business in a Microsoft free environment - it can be done
beamendsltd wrote:

No no thrice times No , hate the stuff!

--
"He who says it cannot be done should not interrupt her doing it."

If at first you don't succeed,
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:50:10 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd
Rule 1: KISS
Rule 2: You liking it doesn't make it anything more than something you like.
Rule 3: Don't let anything get in the way of the "information".
Rule 4: KISS
--
"We have gone from a world of concentrated knowledge and wisdom to one
of distributed ignorance. And we know and understand less while being

s/information/sale/
--
William Tasso

110 V8 (white)