muddied waters

Greetings One and All

On the trail of the new water pump &c.

Tell me if you can of the link between these two pages ...

I wonder if this is collaboration, collusion, plagiarism or fraud? In any event I now don't feel as though I can place my trust in either site without some reasonable explanation.

If the product pages above aren't enough, then consider these pages ....

Perhaps someone here as previous experience of either company?

Reply to
William Tasso

Went back to basics and contacted Craddocks (for all the usual warm fuzzies).

Just a little disappointed that they appear to have become a true dot.com outfit - not in stock, that'll be 2/3 days sir.

Distribution efficiencies are still lagging way behind my expectations and holding back this interweb thingy. How difficult is it to have items despatched from their actual location to the desired destination?

oh well. maybe there'll be a nice warm snap when I get the parts.

Reply to
William Tasso

You could try elsewhere (hint).

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

well, I did leave enough hints lying around in this group that I was in the market. got the impression at one point that I was having one of those invisible moments - you know the type of thing ... white 110 on a well lit street and the daft buggers just don't seem to notice you are there - sometimes have those on the bike I know, but in a /white/ 110? :)

Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:50:16 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

teehee.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Given you both drive white 110's I feel neither of you can see it other... perhaphs some smoke may help.

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

red arrows style? foolish boy :)

no smoke, plenty steam :(

Reply to
William Tasso

ok, so I had a few moments to spare and wandered over to the suggested location.

I know Richard didn't ask for a site review and also that this is the wrong forum, but hey, that site is in need of a makeover (no offence intended) - do you know how difficult it is to read black & dark blue on a dark green background?

ps: love the winking graphics on the home page :)

Reply to
William Tasso

...but it works, it loads fast and more to the point he has the parts in stock.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

I'm all in favour of constructive critism - that's the first regarding black on green (boy did I get some stick for red on blue!) - I'll bear it in mind, but I have to say I rather like it.

Sometime I'll find an excuse to put all the rest back - originaly it was a full MOT.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:50:10 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

dark text on light background is the best of the lot. You don't actually have to use black and white, though.

Yours works OK for me, but might not be so good for people with less-than-optimal colour vision.

you could lighten the green a bit, I guess. Make it more like original series I green (the name of which I've forgotten), you know, the pale ones.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

That's a relief :)

not surprised - there's a very good reason for that.

if you want an unbiased opinion take a wander over to news:alt.html.critique or perhaps news:alt.www.webmaster - wear a tin hat and your flame retardent suit

Reply to
William Tasso

Don't mind the black on green it was the red on green what screwed my minces. There's one on the brake kits page even now although I think it says Hits rather than Kits, but I can't read it.

Reply to
JacobH

Marmite On Toast?

Reply to
JacobH

Rule 1: KISS

Rule 2: You liking it doesn't make it anything more than something you like.

Rule 3: Don't let anything get in the way of the "information".

Rule 4: KISS

Reply to
Mother

s/information/sale/

Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:08:24 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

and IMHO Craddock's site is a good example of far too much cleverness. I've always found it a complete PITA.

Paddock's online shop is good. Beamends is pretty good too, although not quite so well arranged in some areas.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

nah! I like *constructive* critism!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Not originaly there, but could be added......

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Found a Hit rather than Kit for STC4403 - corrected for next update.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd