Sleepy Discovery

My G/Fs children recently complained that they get sleepy in my discovery on even fairly short journeys. I'm certain I don't have an exhaust leak - it's regularly serviced and I can't smell it and can't work out what else could be causing it. My thoughts are a) motion sickness, b) lack of fresh air in the back - it's a 2 door so the windows don't open far, or c) engine noise (200 tdi). Does any one have any ideas?

Paul

--

Reply to
PM

On or around Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:49:11 +0000, PM enlightened us thusly:

theres something rather soporific about a nice diesel engine note.

You can pick up small exhaust leaks, run it at idle, and (use a glove, you'll get black hands) put yer hand over the end of the tail pipe. You should get lots of pressure very fast - if it's leaking anywhere, it'll be apparent.

but the fresh air thing might be a point an' all.

not normally the case that motion sickness makes people sleepy, I don't think.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin> not normally the case that motion sickness makes people Austin> sleepy, I don't think.

I don't know - the RYA skipper courses teach that this is often one of the first signs that someone may be feeling a little green on a boat.

Andy

Reply to
AndyC the WB

You are driving much too smoothly.

Take them off road. That'll wake them up!

Reply to
Martin Edwards

On or around Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:13:02 +0000, AndyC the WB enlightened us thusly:

I bow to your superior knowledge. I thought the first sign of seasickness was heading for the leeward rail.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

They always go leeward for the second attempt. For the first attempt it's nearer 50/50....

Is sleep a natural defence against seasickness? I've only once been seasick (on a ferry, embarrassingly enough for someone who's messed around on warships) on the way home from a 3 day stag. I managed to avoid excessive emissions by getting a bunk and sleeping all the way to Swansea.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Reply to
Gordon Wedman

Count your blessings. With a bit of luck they'll stay asleep forever.

Ron Beckett Emu Plains, Australia

1995 P38A Range Rover HSE 4.6 Litre V8
Reply to
The Becketts

Is that what you really meant to say?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Easily misinterpreted I'm sure.

It is a pleasant part of the journey when the kids have some sleep and it's just you and the driving, I like it anyway.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

not very nice