Smoky 300 TDi

I seem to be throwing out a fair bit of blue/grey smoke from my 300 Tdi under heavy acceleration, puffs a bit out at startup too. Having not had one before is this normal or is there something needing attention?

It has done 140k miles with a good service history, recent oil change and passed MOT last week OK. Pulls like a train too, only noticeable issue is that it splutters/jerks a bit if accelerating out of a slow bend in 2nd, OK if I dip the clutch though.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

On or around Sun, 18 Mar 2007 22:42:11 -0000, "Andy" enlightened us thusly:

over-fuelling, I should think.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

How is the over-fuelling adjusted please?

Reply to
Andy

Nah, bugger around! I bugger with all my Diesel pumps, I can't resist... I've even had one to bits.

Here's how:

Julian.

Reply to
Julian