Starter motor

How 'repairable' is the 300Tdi starter motor? I've looked in the manual I have and it only tells you how to fit and remove it.

I suspect that a build up of crud may be affecting the solenoid as sometimes it's a bit reluctant to turn over. In the past I stripped, cleaned and reassembled the starter on my Niva and it was like having a new starter, so i'm hoping that I can do the same for the 110.

I'm going to check all the leads too, earth, etc in case the problem isn't with the motor.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Its a very straightforward starter - very similar to your Niva one I'd guess (if it was pre-engaged). All the internals are available seperately (they are on our site, though prices are a bit scarce at the momnet!), in particular the solenoid, which is STC1245 £46.48 inc VAT here.

If you need more info about other bits, please ask!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Yes, it was a pre-engaged one.

Eeek! Hopefully I can get away with cleaning it all up! It's exhibiting the same symptoms as the Niva one I did, bit sluggish when cold, fine when hot.

I'm going to make sure all the wires are making good contact before removing the starter itself, but if I do strip it I'll renew the brushes as a matter of course.

Cheers.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Ah - forgot to mention, for the earlier starters we do a solenoid repair kit that basically consists of the internals of the solenoid that get burned out. I assume we can get one for this starter.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd