Replacing starter motor on 300TDi Defender

Wotcher chaps, how much of a PITA is it to remove and replace a starter motor on a stock 300TDi Defender 110, M-reg (1994 I think), when you're lying on your back in the snow? I might have to do it tomorrow.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Not an answer to your question but it's a right bas***d on a 300Tdi RRC just to reach the starter terminals to say nothing of going further. With luck you may have a bit more room with the turbo being higher.

Reply to
Dougal