Stolen Landrover

Hi all,

Please keep a look out for a stolen landrover 110 td5 reg X892 XBV, VIN no SALLDHA871A607566 stolen from Wolverhampton area last Wednesday 6/4/2005

Should be easier to spot as its white with national grid emblem on bonnet and side panels. A special alert has gone out from the police for this vehicle due to the fact its National Grid, and the implications are quite serious. I've only been with the company 6 months so its not looking good for me.

keeping fingers crossed

Andy Sutton

Reply to
Andy S

I thought the national grid Land Rovers were green? obviously not all of them. Your oopsie was it then?

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Surely the company can not hold you responsible, unless the keys were in it? - I doubt whether the emblems are still on it, or anything else for that matter. A guy down the road from me has been busted for stealing landies and stripping them down for sale, apparently there are a lot of them around. One of my brothers mates works for the local leccy board Manweb and I was talking to him recently, he was saying that they get stuff robbed off their landies all the time especially winches they have gone as far as welding the winch in place and the buggers still steal em!!!

Reply to
StaffBull

Yes national grid changed from green to white (don't know when though). I can't see how my company can hold me responsible as I was supposed to have a transit van when I started and the landrover was just to tie me over.........still waiting for it. had some personal gear like my macro speed camera detector, and company things in it such as harness good job I didn't leave the substation keys in it then I would be in trouble. Are the immobilisers any good as some landrovers seem to have them fitted ?

regards

Andy

Reply to
Andy S

From what I've picked up the early discos (pre95) have a one button remote for the locks and is crap - Thatcham just laughed at the immobiliser on them! but the later discos with two buttons got categorised by them(easier to insure - especially with Sureterm!!). Dunno about the Defender though.

Reply to
StaffBull

In message , StaffBull writes

My 1998 110 Defender has the 2 button remote and (AFAIK) a Thatcham approved immobiliser fitted as standard. It's a CSW though and I don't know what was fitted other variants.

Will

Reply to
Will Wilkinson

My 110 has the two button remote also ('97). Does anyone have a pointer to info confirming whether or not the immobiliser is rated by Thatcham. I had a quick look on Thatchams site yesterday and all I could find was a huge document that wasn't very clear.

I was wondering if I may be able to reduce my insurance bill if it is a rated immobilser. :-)

Reply to
Simon Barr

Hi all, Having had two landrovers stolen in three weeks, my insurance company demanded I fitted the minimum of Cat2 immobiliser. The unit cost about £100 but saved me about £80 on my premium so it will pay for itself next year. Aall the best with future landies as I have trouble keeping them.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Adams

I never leave mine anywhere without the clutch claw on.

Reply to
Larry

Get a GOOD steering wheel disklok (ad) my son was a car thief says this is only thing that made him "walk by" (now reformed) Touch wood, aint had a vehicle nicked since I fitted em all with one.

Reply to
tomtom