td 5 - scraping sound at 60 km/h

I drive a Defender 130 TD5. The car has done 130.000 km.

I experience a scaping sound when lift my foot of the trottle. E.g. I drive 100 km/h in fifth gear, lift foot of the trotlle, then the cars speed decreases and between 70 and 60 I hear a pretty loud squizing/scraping (pretty high) sound.

I suspect it does the same in fourth gear, but its difficult to reproduce the sound when in fourth gear.

What can it be? thanks Fred

Reply to
Landy Fred

Propshafts?

Bearings probably scrape when the load is taken of them.

squizing/scraping

Reply to
Mark Solesbury