Help - TD5's rear suspension is FLAT as my wallett!

Dear all,

My Disco TD5 1999 (pride and joy cost me 19K 3 yrs ago) has this intermittent fault:

a.. Rear suspension is flat on both sides - recovers after driving for a couple of miles b.. Drivers side rear suspension remains low - passenger side rear suspension is at correct level c.. other times the rear suspension is correct I really can not afford to pay Dr Landover's fees - but will happily pay a local technician for his time!

Any suggestions really appreciated guys..

Kind Regards Peter

Surrey UK

Reply to
peterdodds

Probably need new lift bags or whatever they call them. I am told they are pretty easy to install.

Best to get this sorted sooner rather than later as you will overwork the compressor if it is constantly trying to fill a split airspring.

My Disco TD5 1999 (pride and joy cost me 19K 3 yrs ago) has this intermittent fault:

a.. Rear suspension is flat on both sides - recovers after driving for a couple of miles b.. Drivers side rear suspension remains low - passenger side rear suspension is at correct level c.. other times the rear suspension is correct I really can not afford to pay Dr Landover's fees - but will happily pay a local technician for his time!

Any suggestions really appreciated guys..

Kind Regards Peter

Surrey UK

Reply to
Fanie

I think it is probably a duff height sensor (very common). If the SLS ECU sees two heights that are not plausable, the system deflates into limp home mode.

Regardless of what the problem is, you should have the suspension diagnosed with Land Rover speciailist equipment, Autologic or T4.

Fanie wrote:

Reply to
ADB