TD5 coolant pump

There is a small hole in the lower side of the mounting plate for the coolant pump of my TD5 Defender. ie. on the outside lower face pointing away from the engine. This has started seeping what I think is the coolant, a pink fluid. Nothing major just a sporadic dribble at the moment. Does this indicate there is a seal breaking down somewhere in the water pump? Will it suddenly fail catastrophically? Is there an easy fix, is it just a matter of replacing the rubber sealing rings?

Thanks for any advice.

Tony.

Reply to
Tony Boyle

coolant fom the hole in the bottom can't be a good thing. lol. If your anywhere near manchester I have a spare you could have for a few beer tokens. Hope this helps

Reply to
Dad