Fitting a Tachometer to a TD5 Defender

Hi All

I want to fit a Tachometer to my TD5 Defender. I have purchased a Land Rover YAE100790 Tachometer. From looking at the article on Web Rover the signal for the tachometer comes from the Engine ECU [C0658-19]. On my Defender there is a yellow/pink wire on this pin going to the ABS ECU [C0504-11]. The signal on the wire seems to have a very low amplitude. Two questions (1) does the Engine ECU have enough power to drive both the ABS ECU and the wire to the tachometer without any problems and (2) should I shield the wire going to the tachometer to reduce any noise pick-up?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert

Reply to
Robert White