Thermostat

Am I right in assuming that on a freezing day the top radiator pipe shouldn't feel warm (near the thermostat housing) after only a minute or two of running? Thanks, Jon (SIII Petrol)

Reply to
Jon

yes JD

Reply to
JD

Bugger....

Reply to
Jon

On or around Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:25:29 -0000, "Jon" enlightened us thusly:

thermostats are easy to change though. Does it run colder than you'd expect? this is a dead giveaway.

The top pipe (radiator end especially) should stay cold 'til the engine's up to temperature.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The temp gauge is down a couple of mm from the halfway point that it normally rests at. I do have the electrics for an electric fan installed - but no electric fan - just a light. The engine didn't get hot enough to switch on my "virtual" fan. I'm just about (since August....) to swap over the engine for a newer one, so I'm not going to bother fitting a new thermostat to the 'old' engine. Thanks for the replies! Jon

Reply to
Jon

Thermostat is about 26p, time to do it about 30mins, not including two days to hunt down replacement bolts that were old knackered and brittle! ok maybe a little overtightened on the way back in

Its an easy job, whip the fan cowl off to make it easier.

Mark

Reply to
Mark