Re: £500 reward

Stolen from the Showcase Cinema car park in Leeds 1 hour after

>purchase on Friday 19th December between 18:00 and 19:30.

Shit Paul, that has to be the most rotton luck ever.

Sod the reward, I hope someone catches the little toerag(s).

I'll keep an eye out in Sheffield and mention it to the two local Landie workshops.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Hope you don't mind Paul, I posted your post on uk.rec.cars.4x4 Sorry to hear your bad news, no insurance I guess? I'm not pointing fingers at the guy you bought it from, but I have heard of people following new owners home and pinching it back... I hope they catch the buggers, better still...I hope YOU catch them!

Reply to
Wolverine

That was also my first thought when I read the post. Have you asked the security people at the cinema carpark to see if they have anything on any of the tapes for the security cameras? You never know they might just have something.

Hope you get it back.

Reply to
Nikki

Yeah so do I! No security cameras at the cinema - just dummy ones to make the punters feel safer.

It is apparently a big problem up there but the cinema doesn't want to know.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Coleman

This won't make Paul feel any better but probably a timely reminder to supplement your default LR security with something more effective.

I always felt a lot happier with one of these in the Disco:

Any suggestions as to what to use in the P38? I've heard the bog-standard security is quite good but should I be buying another Disklok?

David.

Reply to
David French

At the LRO show this year I had a look at the Clutch Claw. I bought one before I even got my 110 and use it all the time it is parked. The 110 has got an alarm and immobiliser but the clutch claw makes me feel even safer.

They are made from heavy duty material and are supposedly *very* difficult to remove, I can believe it too.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Hi,

Sorry to hear you news. I don't want to offend anyone here, namely the previous owner who I do not know. But It has occured to me latley after buying a disco 300 Tdi and selling my 110 V8 how easy it would be to keep a set of keys? I am sure this scam has taken place many times, but it must be something to bear in mind when selling or buying!!

Hope all works out OK and you find it.

Tim

96' 300 Tdi Discovery
Reply to
Tim

I have just purchased a "Disco" with one set of keys - first job was to get a second set and get the alarm / imobiliser reprogrammed. All new cars come with at least 2 sets and I didn't like the idea of another set being around somewhere !!....

GD

Reply to
GD

In article , Mother writes

Likewise down in Bristol here. Incidentally, isn't this the second instance of 'nicked after less than an hour' on the group recently? ISTR a black - Disco? - in early November or possibly even as far back as September...

As others have said - this looks habit-forming for someone.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

There was one on mud-club or DOC website, can't remember which. That one was nicked from a supposedly deserted country road when the new owner got out and walked 5 paces away (clearly not deserted then). It wasn't made clear, but there was a hint that the owner may have left the keys in the ignition, although I may be totally wrong here. If not, it would be interesting to know how somebody nicked it and drove off in a short space of time with the owner standing nearby.

LRE have a "Theft Alert" facility at

I thought somebody hadset up a website for stolen LRs or other 4x4s but I can't find it now. D

Reply to
David French

I live close to showcase, so I'll keep my eye out locally.

Stuart

Reply to
HobGobSnakyWaky

In article , David French writes

That does sound like the incident I was thinking of.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

A few years ago I was looking at a brand new convertible BMW M3 strategically parked in their outside area at a dealers openday (Altwoods, Slough) with nobody else around, and turned and walked the 25 yards to the showroom, whereupon the M3 burst into life a roared off..stolen! It was never found. If they can do that to one of those a 110 or whatever has to be easy.

One point, how many keys did the seller give you when you bought it? Just a thought!

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Pity you can't pass the info to local plod and have them check the roadside licence plate cameras. Will keep an eye out anyway.

Reply to
PDannyD