Rover thermostat

I have a P reg Rover 216 petrol. I cannot find the thermostat. Haynes glibly says remove the bottom hose from the thermostat housing and remove the latter with two bolts. But in my case the hose comes out from the rad, goes up about 9 inches and then connects to a metal pipe that curves round to the back of the engine. Is the thermostat on the engine end of this metal pipe? I can't actually see behind there easily, so I thought I'd ask first.

I'm a bit surprised that the stat is not on the top of the engine where the top hose emerges.

Ta

Rob Graham

Reply to
robgraham

Erm it's in the bottom hose on these i am pretty sure. One of Rover's "wonderful" designs....

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

It's tucked round the back if I recall inside a plastic housing at the end of a hose and there is an awful lot of dismantling to get to it...

Reply to
Chris Street