This is for someone who knows about BOATS

I was out today on some green lanes and boats in Bedfordshire. When attempting to go down the ones near santa pod raceway

I wastold i was not allowed as they had a show on and had parked cars over thetop of them. I was to come back on Monday when the show had finished. I tired to see where the byway was, but there was a see of cars there.

Where do i stand on this one?

Are they allowed to park cars there?

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

No, they are not allowed to obstruct the BOAT, however, it is possible that they closed the right of way for the day.

This is done regularly with motor sport. In order to run a motor sport event in the UK where there are rights of way crossing the land being used (be that for parking or the actual competition) the organisers have to contact the local authority (it's a condition of the permit) and ask that the right of way be stopped for the duration of the event. This is normally granted without any fuss or question and I would imagine that in the case of a regular venue like Santa Pod it's just a rubber stamp job.

Of course you can always ask the local authority to make sure there was such an order... if there wasn't then it is an illegal blockage.

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

No, it's called obstructing a highway. Unless of course they obtained permission to close the "road" for the event, which is a simple matter.

If you're in any doubt, contact the local rights of way office, or contact the Beds area Rep of GLAss

Alex

Reply to
Alex

In message , Alex writes

Well if they can close the A43 for Silverstone I'm sure they can do it to a BOAT.

Reply to
hugh

Fire away, but first give us some info - waterline length, hull form, engine(s), river/coastal, construction (GRP/wood/steel/ferrocrete) etc.

HTH

;-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I can't recall any Ferries working out of Santapod..... but in my defence I was attending Bug Jam around1988 and was probably so plastered if a Ferry full of VW's had gone by then it would have been considerd normal given all the other stuff going on at these events.

Were they definately Cars or could it could have been a container ship?

Lee D

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

While I was at Billing, we had a run out to do some lanes, the three that lead to Santa Pod had been TROd on the 31st May, and still were, with the gates chained and large concrete blocks. Where you trying to access them from Santa Pod itself?

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster (how much more....)

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfriend's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next 1993 200 TDi Discovery (the Pug 106 is dead, long live the Pug)

Peterborough 4x4 Club

Simon Isaacs