To all who offered suggestions regarding my shabby old rangie.

Thanks. Couldn't actually buy proper black vac hose in the size I needed, and nobody locally socked vac gauges. Boost and EGR ones, that have five lighting options and a synchronised swing yes, but not a basic vac guage.

But I had a thought. I removed one of the hoses from the plenum, and got a vac leak, then put it back and removed the exit hose from the vacuum sphere that had been moved by a previous owner. no vac leak. So the sphere had a one way valve, and had the wrong hoses fitted when it was relocated.

Once that was done, the flapper worked but the sphere didn't hold enough to keep it open on idle. So a washer system one way valve was inserted between the electrical vac switch and the T piece. Now the flapper will be held open on LPG as long as switch is power, then back to petrol and the vac switch vents, and the flapper closes.

After I had that working I could set the idle speed and mixture and get LPG idling working.

I added a bottle of Lucas injector cleaner to the petrol tank, and a can of Wynnes oil additive to the oil to flush through the tappets. I now idles cleaner on petrol too, and quieter.

Reply to
Elder