TomTom POI's for Byways or Green Lanes

OK so maybe it's wishful thinking but does anyone know if a database of Byways is around on tinternet suitable for the TomTom?

Reply to
Andrew Cooke

None that I've seen (and I've been looking!)

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

They've got enough problems with sat-nav gear directing people down unsurfaced tracks and through fords as it is......

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Hardly TomTom's fault as the issue you refer to affected every nav system that used TeleAtlas map data. And there is some obligation on the users to engage their brains before blindly following a nav instruction down an unsurfaced track!

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

LoL, or the artic that went down a single track country road and got stuck.

On a different note, are police radar traps(parked in a side road with radar gun out of the window)required as part of the speed camera database?

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

I've played around in the past with the output of the Wayfinder Client (you need to be a GLASS member to access Wayfinder), it's in RXF format which you can import to Memory Map, then export as CSV, grep out only the waypoints, then feed it through GPSBabel and voila. Bit messy but it works. The only problem is the coordinates in Wayfinder aren't that accurate in the first place, so poor data in, poor data out. They're good enough to get you in the general location though.

Regards,

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Gibbs

If you mean do we log them, then yes, information gratefully received :)

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

Nortern greenlanes gives out their routes in gps format, though I have never used them ( still in the dark ages with enormous papery os thingys)

Icky:-)

Reply to
icky