Tow Ball numbers

Can anyone decode the following numbers I know the e11 is the country code, what I am really after is the weight ratting.

e11 A50-X 00-0997 D12,6 S154

Reply to
Geoff

On or around Thu, 27 May 2004 09:26:39 +0100, Geoff enlightened us thusly:

fuctifino. I thought most tow balls were rated to 3.5T though. The very fact that it has an approval number means that it's not a cheapocrap one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

->On or around Thu, 27 May 2004 09:26:39 +0100, Geoff

-> enlightened us thusly:

->

->>

->>Can anyone decode the following numbers I know the e11 is the country code, what

->>I am really after is the weight ratting.

->>

->>e11 A50-X 00-0997 D12,6 S154

->

->fuctifino. I thought most tow balls were rated to 3.5T though. The very

->fact that it has an approval number means that it's not a cheapocrap one.

And there is very little info on the interweb, I would be happier knowing the rating then thinking it must be okay as it's got a sticker.

Reply to
Geoff

Hi Geoff, you can calculate the max. possible towing capacity over the D-Value. As you write it is 12.6 on this tow ball. The D-Value= ((max.Vehicleweight*maxVehicleTowingWeight)/(max.Vehicleweight+maxVehicleTow ingWeight))*9,81

example: your maxVehicleWeight is 2,8 tons your maxVehicleTowingWeight is 3,5 tons the D-value you need is 15,26; if you have only 12.6 its not enough

greetings Carsten

"Geoff" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
?

On or around Fri, 28 May 2004 19:09:25 +0200, "?" enlightened us thusly:

oooer. never knew that.

hmmm. wonder if any of the hitches here have a D value marked on 'em. is it some physical property, and thus measurable?

Reply to
Austin Shackles