GT40s vs GT40Ps - The Numbers

I thought the old 5-oh/302 guys would be interested in this info.

Reply to
NoOption5L

You thought wrong! No more facts. We're sick of facts. Cut it out. We're on to you and your whole agenda. Stop reading, stop typing, and stop trying to tell us things we don't already know.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

Abso-friggin-lutely right, and let's not mention that Hot Rod ran the P head against the 305 Vortec on 351 and 350-inch motors, respectively, and the P choked big time. It's optimized for 302 inches and that's all she wrote. The Vortec, predictably, worked twitchinly on the 350.

But we not only knew this already, none of even care.

Reply to
CobraJet

inches

You both are SO stupid! My car runs 12's, and does it with heads that are comparable to the Ps. Plus, the styling of the Ps are light years better than the Vortec heads. The Ps had big chrome valves and had really cool angles. They didn't care, and didn't worry about, all this aerodynamic flow and efficiency crap. Everything on them were just really big, and it worked! Bigger is better, baby! Where as the Vortec heads are slicked up, generic, disposable, POS like all the rest of the fancy shmancy new heads. With their smooth pansy-ass contours, and cookie-cutter designs, the Vortecs will never measure up to classics like the Ps. Not that either of you will ever understand what I talking about because neither of you are true auto hobbyists. You're both wannabes who'll *never* get it! Now go away... go bench race in some other NG.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

The wind has buffeted you such that your stream of pee has hit you in the face. I see you have now attempted to pull a 180, but have sadly failed.

and does it with heads that

A light year is a quantitative measure, not a qualitative one. It's about 5.87 trillion miles, give or take. I wouldn't want to try to be too precise and FUCK IT UP, because everything is relative, you know...

The Ps had big chrome valves and had

Inanimate objects have a difficult time caring about anything. Quit being anthropomorphic; you're taking things far too seriously here.

Everything on them were just

This is the one place where you state actually fact.

Where as the

Intake ports should never be completely smooth; a bit of roughness increases combustion efficiency due to improved atomization.

It's called mass manufacturing.

the Vortecs will never measure up to

"Classic" is generally defined as older than 20 years.

Not that either of you will ever understand what

If you are talking to yourself in some way, then you get a score of 100% on this one. If not, you still score 50% by default, so it wasn't a complete failure, from that perspective.

Reply to
Wound Up

Uh, I think you missed the point, bitter though it was.

Reply to
CobraJet

If his posts really bothered you so much you'd just add him to your killfile. Personally, I think you're just a whiney little bastard who likes to bitch about things. STFU. oh, and welcome to my killfile.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Uh, Mikey, don't interrupt the grownups making fun of each other. It's impolite.

Reply to
CobraJet

CJ,

I'm truly amazed he missed the intentional and very obvious role reversal.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

Wound up is no slouch in the brains department, but he needs to ground himself more on a couple levels. Time will tell.

Reply to
CobraJet

Whoops. I just thought it was a bad impression. Ya threw one by me, Patrick, but next time, it's going out of the park. =)

Reply to
Wound Up

Hey, no problem. It was only strike one. We'll give you two more before we count you out. ;-)

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

Fair enough. I'll dial that pitch in. ;-) All in good fun.

Reply to
Wound Up

Patrick, Have you gone to a set on your '93? Do you think the setup on an otherwise stock cobra would work well with these? I want to keep the stock cam/roller rockers, intake and all. Thanks! Adam

adam snipped-for-privacy@langley.af.mil '03 K500 Tahoe '95 Z71, Edelbrock MPFI '93 Mustang Cobra 3076

SNIP

Reply to
adam