transfer boxes

What are the options on transfer boxes?

Pretty sure the centre diff is about to give up the ghost on mine - its a 1.22 coupled to an R380 on a 1990 disco (oh how much smoother the R380 is on the motorway - but I digress)

As the difflock is buggered on it too, then I'm thinking swapping it for a different unit would be the easiest way to solve the problem, but what to swap it for?

Would a unit from a classic rangie fit - a later one with the viscous coupling in i'm thinking so as to get away from the difflock woes...

Cheers

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

Give me an LT230 any day, stronger and cheaper than a viscous.

-Craig.

Reply to
Craig