Two kinds of people

I guess there are probably two kinds of owner on this gruop.

Those with new metal and those with old metal

Today I got a certain sence of satisfaction out of parking my "thing" amongst the polished discos and freelanders of a certain dealer while trying to discover what the part number of a certain missing cable clip was, (seems it doesn't exist so I will have to botch something up)

I thought to myself if I had one of those shiny things I would not even dare park it, let alone drive it considering that my previos car even when static attracted the attentions of the envios.

Mind you it might be fun to take one for a test drive.

Reply to
Larry

I turned up outside a local main dealer and *everyone* in the dealership came outside to look at the beast, some at first refused to belive it was anything to do with being a Land Rover.....

Pics can be found at

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfriend, at the moment......) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, time to retrim it Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I suspect dealers will soon be offering a discreet out of the way car park for series Land Rovers

Reply to
Larry

Last time I was at a main dealer, I came away from the spares counter to find my treasured vehicle carefully hidden from view by a delivery of new Land Rovers.

Reply to
David G. Bell

in article c54ivf$2pqsff$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-129032.news.uni-berlin.de, Larry at snipped-for-privacy@larry-arnold.com wrote on 8/4/04 11:11 pm:

More like a car park for anything over 4 or five years old. We don't use our main dealer - snobs.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Heh, actually there are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those that don't :)

Gaz

Skippy, 1988 RR, lacework and string, but goes off road like a good'un.

Reply to
Gaz Webber

When I arrived in my 1990 Disco for some bits for my sons lightweight, the senior parts rep ushered the offfice junior out of the way,reminiced how he had had the same colour disco albeit a V8 at launch time, then binned the comp, got a large well thumbed parts manual out & sorted the right bits for the lightweight.........must have been very lucky I reckon. Chris

1990 Disco 200Tdi
Reply to
Merlin©

On or around Fri, 09 Apr 2004 13:28:12 +0100, Nikki Cluley enlightened us thusly:

J.V.Like have never complained about mine... one of their types has a camel disco mind. I went there when places were all flooded for something and he asked me if I'd found any good floods to drive through.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hmm...can you count to four in binary on your fingers????

Chris

Reply to
Chris Naylor

No, but I can do 1023.

steve

Reply to
Steve

Being able to count to over a million on your fingers & toes seems a lot more practical than the usual 20. Wonder why we use decimal?

Reply to
David French

On or around Fri, 9 Apr 2004 23:30:48 +0100, "Chris Naylor" enlightened us thusly:

yer only need 3 fingers. well, technically, you can get away with 2, if you only want to differentiate between 4 items.

with one hand you can do 0-31, or with both hands, erm... 0-1023.

add the toes as well, you can get over a million. mind, you've got to be bale to translate it beck into decimal, or it don't count.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I think the comment was referring to a 2-finger salute. Which is only 3 in binary (if you start from zero) but I thought if I pointed that out, things would get very confusing.

David

Reply to
David French

Dunno how many fingers I have got cos them is big numbers :)

Reply to
Larry