Type-approved bullbar list

I understand it's possible EU Legislation could ban bull bars from the beginning of next year. This being the case, does anyone have a list of type-approved bars? I've got wraparound bars on my 110 csw but want to replace it with a plain A and I'd rather not waste my money!

First post to a great group - regular contributors and useful threads (even the off-topic ones :).

P.

Reply to
poolcue

Bloody heck. Fancy being told by a mob of Europeans what you can do in your own country.

How *did* you blokes let yourselves get sucked into that deal?

Ron Emu Plains, Australia

Reply to
The Becketts

On or around Tue, 7 Sep 2004 00:51:37 +1000, "The Becketts" enlightened us thusly:

more to the point, how come our idiot government does every dumb thing the EU commission et al come up with, whereas other countries like france, italy etc. only implement the stuff they feel like implementing. everyone in europe was supposed to get in the common agricultural crap^Wpolicy, yet in Italy, for example, they haven't implemented milk quotas such as wot we've had for years.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Our PM, "Grocer" Ted Heath, took us into the "Common Market" (basically a free trade area) and we voted to remain there in 1975. That's the only time the British people have been asked to give their assent. Over the years, the Common Market changed to the EEC, and then to the EC - note the sly dropping of the word "economic" before "community" - and now it's the EU. No longer any pretence of being a purely trading arrangement. At no point has anyone asked us whether we want to go along with this. In every TV discussion, and at every election, the subject has been off the agenda. Until the last European elections, which may make the next British General Election a very interesting one.

Just one man's view.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

In article , Richard Brookman writes

Not at all. I've been spending many evenings recently adding new names to our local database (see sig).

How about if they just banned imported 4x4s instead?

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig