V-high miles

Is what exactly with regard to a 2.5dt ?

As I have just brought one (R reg Disco) covering some 160k.

Is that so grim on a diesel?

I'm worried now, ;) gARY

Reply to
gARY

On or around Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:26:24 -0000, "gARY" enlightened us thusly:

R-reg disco will be a 300TDi. If it's been looked after, then 160K miles is nothing. If it's been thrashed and neglected, it could be a bit worn.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In article , gARY writes

It is difficult to say without knowing how well it has been looked after.

Mine has done 200k and is P Reg. Virtually all its life it has been towing a very heavy trailer. It is always serviced on the dot and anything that needs doing is done. As a result it drives like new and does not leak a drop of oil.

Reply to
marc

My 110 has got the same engine as your Disco (300Tdi). Its now done 156,000 miles and is still going strong. It uses hardly any oil between changes and starts, stops and runs fine.

As long as it's been maintained with regular oil/filter changes, etc and you do the same it should keep going for another 100,000.

Reply to
Simon Barr

1984 2.5 n/a 110 - 226k miles. about to be fitted with a recon injector pump, injectors, water pump and timingbelt. otherwise, sweet as a nut. uses no water and very little oil.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Just to add further reassurance... N-reg, tows frequently over motorways and dodgy roads. 201k, serviced regularly, and apart from a recent dribble from a worn-out gasket, also keeps its oil.

The alpine windows, however, are another matter entirely. Bloody things just turned orange, and I'm not relishing getting them out to deal with the rust...

Kieran Turner

Reply to
Andy Sargeant

Mate has just topped 215,000 on his 300 TDi M Reg disco. Only major work was a new gearbox and clutch at well under 100,000. Engine is completely original, although IIRC he's changed the water pump.

It's all down to how well and how often they are serviced IMHO.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

...and perhaps how well they are driven?

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Probably. This one is pretty carefully driven, not hammered about. It's also done a lot of motorway work, and knowing the guy I'd say it has very rarely topped 75mph.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs