Disco central locking

Rear door on my 94 Disco doesn't unlock properly with the remote. (I'm sorry this is a common fault and I've seen it in the group before)

Refresh my memory is this an expensive fix or a nice cheap saturday D.I.Y. job.

Thanks in advance Pete

Reply to
Highbeam

Yes to both.

In my case it was a combination of gummed up mechanism and a dead servo - apply light machine oil to the mechanism (NOT WD40) and replace the servo.

The Servos are around £50 from Land Rover, or £4.75 for a functionally identical part from Maplin electronics - the Maplin one will need bullet connectors attached to do the job.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

But before you dump the servo check to see if the lock levers move to the extent of travel and stay there or if they relax back a bit.

I changed the servo on mine only to find that it made no difference. Fault appears to be a broken spring in the door catch area which should hold the mechanism up when unlocked. At the moment I'm looking at putting an elastic band in there to hold the lever up when unlocked as a temporary fix.

Bob.

Reply to
Bob

yes the button does unlock all the way and then settle down again this might just be the fault

Reply to
Highbeam