V8 autobox to 300Tdi Discovery (pantelis)

People Hi,

A good friend is considering swapping the manual gearbox (R380) and fitting an autobox onto his 300Tdi engined Discovery.

Sourcing a Tdi autobox is out of the question for him (he is based in Egypt and importing a Tdi autobox costs both arms and three legs)

I would be grateful if you could provide me with your input on how difficult it will be to fit the V8 variant of the autobox onto the 300Tdi Discovery.

Can he use the V8 torque converter? Will the kickdown cable be OK? Is there any difference in the mating points, input and exit shaft profiles and splines? Does the gearbox have the same length? Do they have to use different crossmembers, propshafts and transfer box and autobox mounts? The gearchange points are not so different so I do not believe there is problem especially if the 300Tdi engine is a bit tweaked.

Thank you in advance for your kind and valued input.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos