Veggie passed his MOT - Well I'm chuffed!

Hi all

My aged and tired 110 CSW, known to all as 'Veggie' has passed his MOT at last. Having failed back in June with a list as long as your arm (and possibly at least a leg too), I have spent the ensuing months acquiring bits and having bits done by my friendly local mechanic when I wasn't barave enough.

I have replaced all brake pipes and the dreaded 'Body Support Crossmember' has been replaced - yes, we did have to jack the back body up somewhat! The chap that makes the 'bolt together' ones had a waiting list so I went with the original single piece full width jobbie.

In addition, I've had the passenger footwell installed (repaired would be too generous a term) so her indoors should be a little less web-footed soon.

All lights and mirrors either repaired or replaced.

As an advisory, I have the following on the sheet 'chassis generally corroded'. Is this normal? I was under the impression that they were built like that - am I mistaken?

Well I thought I should report in, now that Veggie and I are back on the road, so if you see a white 110 CSW on the roads of Nottinghamshire with a VEJ reg. - give us both a wave!

By the way, he failed his emissions first time around despite passing them in June. I am told this is because he hasn't done any work since, so the tester sent me off up the road for a blast and told me to 'give it a good beasting' (his actual words) and we'll try it again when you get back. Sure enough, passed no problem - except for sparks and carbon out fo the exhaust on first rev test, which nearly shot balsted his smoke tester machine for him - laughed? I nearly bought a round!

Cheers to anyone who has assisted with this challenge on here via advice or parts. Now the real work begins...still looking for those better doors!

Chris and 110 CSW 2.5TD 'Veggie'

Reply to
goforgood

On or around 21 Nov 2006 14:38:22 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com enlightened us thusly:

Had a look at the doors on mine. The passenger side front one is rotted out at the bottom, so you'd have to repair the frame, although it looks OK from the outside. The others are all sounder although there's bound to be some rot. They all have wind-up windows which are a bit out of practice but seem to work and they have lift-up handles. can't remember off-hand if I've got the lock key, but if not, the locks are easily replaced.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks Austin, I shall bear that in mind but am currently in negotiation with someone locally for his full set of four which sound a little less labour intensive, so to speak!

If that falls through I may get back to you on those and give myself a winter project.

All the best as always

Chris

Aust> On or around 21 Nov 2006 14:38:22 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com enlightened us

Reply to