ey up!

Been away for a while... Everyone alright?

Not much changes (well, the odd bit of vehicle swapping) but I've got that Land Rover urge again. That, combined with us having the builders in to put an extension on the bottom half of the drive means I'm getting the Series 2 fixed (again).

So, Dec 4th Warren is pulling the engine. The big question is, what's going in....

I've had a few discussions with suppliers and have the following options...

Turner Engineering 2.25 3mb stripped, gasflowed. £1950 exchange LEGS 2.25 3mb stripped, not gasflowed - £1250 exchange LEGS 2.5, full engine - £1850 outright

I get a really good 'feeling' about Turner, but it's big bucks over the LEGS engine (especially as I've got to add VAT to the above prices). The full engine option looks good - all new ancillaries and no worries about whether the exchange is accepted.

Anyone got direct experience of engines from either supplier?

If I take the 2.5 option I think I need a new clutch (which I'm replacing anyway while the engine is out) and a new fan assembly.

Tim

'06 Nissan Navara ('The Truck') '06 Megane CC '05 Honda Varadero 125 ('Vera) '58 Series 2 SWB ('Stig)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

builders

what's

worries

I was very impressed with Turner Engineering when they rebuilt the engine on my S111 some years back. Not cheap, but you tend to get what you pay for in this world!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

alright Tim!

There is also automotive components to consider isnt there?

I cant remember which bits came from where now but my mates 2.5 with go faster bits really aint bad!

while you are at it you could consider a 5 speed 90 gearbox too ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods

|| I've had a few discussions with suppliers and have the following || options... || || Turner Engineering 2.25 3mb stripped, gasflowed. £1950 exchange || LEGS 2.25 3mb stripped, not gasflowed - £1250 exchange || LEGS 2.5, full engine - £1850 outright

I fitted a Turner stage 1 head to the S2a. Excellent and well recommended - head itself and the service too.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Tim Hobbs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Aye, though I'm now in the ex 101 owners club... weird feeling in'it!

Legs are at Oswestry.... I've got to get this 110 mucky.... and the doors are a bit more gate opening friendly ;-). Maybe make a bit more progress if were not squeezing a square peg through a round tunnel :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Cant comment on LEGS but have used Turner in the past and had very good service from them

Richard

Reply to
Richard

we could do it again early next year and i'll be the awkward bugger tring to squeeze a 101 where it doesnt fit ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

That reminds me.... local DIY place does a cracking foldable saw about 10 inches when folded with a big blade with foliage recifying teeth. :-), must put one on my chrimbo wish list.

Wouldn't mind a jolly back out that way... maybe counter clockwise this time to take in bit we missed last time though I'd have to do some researching of the route thanks to NERC.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:12:24 +0000, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

I've always had the impression that Turner know what they're doing with the

2.25, and the figures for their various upgraded ones look impressive. Never bought from them or LEGS. didn't someone have bad results from LEGS some time back, or was that some other supplier? ISTR a tale of woe about an auto box.
Reply to
Austin Shackles