Very, very OT - Damaged Radio For Sale

Get to get this off my chest - just been listen to the most gullible American woman in the universe on Radio 2. Is she for real? Does she really think anyone belives a word she's saying? Arrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard

(Thank you - I feel better now)

Reply to
beamendsltd

Dare I ask what the subject matter was?

I've completely given up on the JV slot as having anything approximating balanced discussion, but it's not even amusing any more.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

It gets better .... now it's piss drinking for health.....

Er....

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Guantanoamno Bay - apparently the inmates are having a ball, nice food, excercise bikes, nice gentle questions........ better than Butlins.

100% agreed.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

She was less believable than Comical Ali. At least he had some style and a passionate delivery.

I too have mostly switched off from Vine. It's turned into a talking shop for any nutter with a ludicrous statement to make, and Vine seems to side with the loonies at every turn. It's also clear that he has a very poor grasp of his facts on occasions.

T'other day he made some dismissive statement about Jaguar being an American company (he was clearly very proud that he knew they were owned by Ford). The fact that the workforce don't commute in daily from Detroit and that they buy a lot of parts and services from the local and UK economy seemed to have escaped him though.

Trouble is, the alternative is Radio 1 or whatever dodgy program is on the Radio 4 lunchtime slot. Keep forgetting about Radio 5, which is mostly good when I remember it exists.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I just turn off and stick on some tunes for the 2 hours, or hit the replay on the Alex Lester show if I'm near a network connection.

Vine is a clueless moron with some kind of agenda, isn't he?

Bring back JY!!!

Hell - Stick Richard Allinson in the midday slot.

For Dogs sake don't give the spot to Amanda Platel though.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

The worrying thing was, she sounded like she believed it herself!

Reply to
SimonJ

Now that would be good.

Or the Ginger To***r.......

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Ah I can see you are not old enough to have sampled Watneys Red Barrel pioneers in that subject . Derek (thank god for Camra)

Reply to
Derek