Viscous fan drive

On or around Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:22:02 +0100, Richard Savage enlightened us thusly:

I know sister's BF had trouble on a 3.9 with not enough airflow - he was towing a heavy trailer though as well. took the aircon rad out in the end, resulted in much more airflow and no overheating.

have to admit, overcooling is not something one normally associates with V8s.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:13:38 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

same's true of electric ones, in the latter point, though. A fixed engine-driven fan is the most reliable of the lot.

and the electric one has in fact more potential failure points, cos the switch can fail. I spose you can always bypass it if it doesn't come on, as a short-term solution.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Completely agree that overcooling is a rarity in the V8s. I'm not inclined to resolve it though as I wish to dispose of the beast ASAP!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage