Wanted:: Advice for first time Disco buyer

The 200 Tdi seven seater is a pain - you have to remove the rear load space seat to change a brake bulb! Not difficult, just a pain. Did they move the light cluster on the 300 to alleviate this problem? TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

On or around Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:02:03 +0000 (UTC), "TonyB" enlightened us thusly:

and engine-wise... look at the front of the engine. The 200 type has conventional V belts driving things, the 300 has a flat multi-V serpentine belt running round everything including an auto-tensioner.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My Dad got one of the first of the 300tdi Discoverys. L reg this was fitted with the R380. Then I got it. Now my brother has got it. Never Broke down. Allways had a problem with the rear lights in the bumper. Abit of a problem with the gearbox involving a main dealer putting in the wrong oil in it I found this out later when I had it mended by someone with a clue. I do miss it, but I had it all weekend, because I didn't want to empty the stuff out of my defender.

Regards JJ

Reply to
JJ