Water Pump

Hi Guys My water pump sounds as if it is going to pack up. Have been told that to change it could a pig to do, ie bolts sheer of. Any advice would be very welcome.

Reply to
Ted Taylor

What on ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Hi It is on a 1984 S3 ex military 109 FFR. 50,000Kms it is rattling like a baby's rattle.

Reply to
Ted Taylor

Shaft bearings will have gone. Leaking at the gland yet?

If you slacken the belt(s) you should be able to diagnose it properly.

Breaking studs is always a possibility but this one's probably no worse than any other. It's not a particularly bad job to do.

One thing that you may need to watch out for - it was an issue with the IIA but may have been eliminated with the III - is that the military water pump housing is not the same as the civilian one. I think it had one more bolt. I found myself stripping the shaft out of civvy pumps to rebuild my military one.

Reply to
Dougal

RTC6327 7 Hole Military Water Pump Series

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd