WEALLHATEBILLGATES

I've got a few emails from people interested in the vehicles but if you want any of them wahbg@hotmayle(dot)COM. No remailers etc because I WILL know who you are before you see my toys. Thanks to the people who are interested and you WILL get 1st refusal....

Reply to
weallhatebillgates

Been trying to e-mail you but with no success! Mails keep getting bounced. Still interested in 200tdi rangie, please get in touch. Badger, Elgin.

Reply to
Badger

I'll assume from the lack of any e-mail or newsgroup response from you that you don't want to sell me anything?? Guess I'll take my money elsewhere then. Some people really annoy the shit out of me, advertising things for sale and then not even having the common decency to get back to you when you enquire on one of the items! Badger. Annoyed. No, read VERY annoyed.

Reply to
Badger

He operates out of Kemnay near Inverurie so you could pay a visit, not too far to travel from Elgin.

Reply to
Big G

On or around Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:33:35 +0100, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

with some justification.

but thanks for the post, anyway, reminded me that I need to leave some ebay feedback. Positive, in this case :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks for that, but the way I feel just now, I don't think it would be a good idea! If the idiot wants to advertise items for sale then won't make any contact, why should I bother wasting the fuel to go looking for either him or the vehicles? Does he even have them? Are they his to sell? Makes me wonder. Like I said, my money's too good for him! There's plenty of motors for sale locally, the occasional bargain popping up now and again that's more deserving of MY hard-earned. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

No problem & fully understand your views, My Mrs passed his place a few days ago & mentioned to me that he a load of Discos outside & not too much else, and as you quoted makes you wonder about the rest of his post!! All the best with your search.

Reply to
Big G

Now, that's another issue. You've got me started, Austin! I've now got to the stage with ebay that unless the seller leaves feedback re. my quick payment they better not expect any feedback from me. Currently holding off on sending negative feedback for some bits I bought on the 6th July, no contact apart from the initial "you owe me this much including p&p" (paid instantly via paypal, I hasten to add) despite 2 emails from me since then asking when to expect delivery. Final email sent this morning, stating that neg feedback will be left if no contact made. Some people really p!$$ me off. If you want to sell something and take someone's money then at least have the decency to maintain contact, if you know you aren't going to be around then tell people!! Rant over. Badger. Going to remove the rear prop from my 110 to change a u/j in an attempt to calm down!

Reply to
Badger

I'm experiencing a smidgin of that, though the goods did arrive. It did seem to take a while before they reached the post. And no feedback from him to me.

But don't get too incensed too quickly. I didn't anticipate breaking my leg, last year, and that kept me off-net for a couple of weeks.

You'll be lucky.

Reply to
David G. Bell

WELLLLLLL....... As if by magic, got an e-mail of apology today and an assurance that parts will be posted tomorrow am. He was away on business, god knows why he couldn't have let people know that when he advertised the stuff, or a quick e-mail if it was relatively short notice.

WELLLLLLL..... Prop off, both FUBAR'd u/j's replaced (God, that 4.0 eats prop u/j's! That's the 2nd rear prop it's on in 5 years, with at least 2 or

3 joints replaced on each one! Also on it's second front prop! Greasing them seems to do bugger all for their lifespan.) And then for good measure, I stripped and replaced the NSF hub seal, and also the pitted bearings that I discovered! Dam it, this means I'm gonna have to check the others now! That's what I get for my efforts! Badger.
Reply to
Badger

On or around Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:29:56 +0100, weallhatebillgates enlightened us thusly:

see, it's all this travelling to forn parts that's yer problem... bound to lead to hassle, innit.

I had the same problem when travelling oop north not that many years ago. Try finding anywhere to buy diesel along the north coast of Haggisland using a credit card. eventually went as far as Thurso from the western end, and the first garage I went to there, the diesel pump disgorged no diesel. Went to the shop bit to enquire, and was told "och, it must be dry".

luckily, the shell garage further into thurso had some, or I'd be there yet.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Blah blah, Badger etc

And I never said you did. The reply was to a post by "Big G" erroneously stating that I operated from Kemnay, and merely included your (possibly hasty) reference to my good self as an idiot (for not being able to go online due to unforseen circumstances entirely outside my control) as a possible explanation for my inability to recognise a Range Rover as a Discovery when I see one.

Did that.

Like "..if you want any of them (email) wahbg@hotmayle(dot)COM." (I know it should be "weallhatebillgates@hotmail(dot)COM" but I thought I'd made that clear in both my sig (appended to all my posts) and many prior posts)

Even though you didn't read that part of the post (or chose to ignore it/them) and the part of the original post stating the same, another reason for using the email address (which I realise I should have stated in the original post and for which omission I extend yet another apology) is that I am able to pick up emails to Hotmail from anywhere (for instance in situations where I am unexpectedly (and/or on short notice) absent from home) (AHA! I now truly understand irony. How ironic!) whereas access to newsgroup posts is slightly more difficult, time consuming and posts lack the same verifiability (to clarify: _my_posts_) , I still had the decency to send you pics of the first of the vehicles I've photographed. Again, I apologise for my unreasonably long absence (as already stated, due to circumstances outside my control) and thank you (and everyone else) for your understanding and tolerance regarding this.

To paraphrase your fine self, "I never (said you) went looking, never claimed (you) had either.

The operative word being "IF" not "WHEN". As you seemed to have accepted "Big G's" explanation of who I am (see below)

and where I work from, I merely re-iterated the fact that I am not he (just in case any doubt remained)

He's always been decent when I've dealt with him. Of course I wouldn't deign to suggest that variation in interpersonal skills may account for this as (and I'm sure you'll agree) most of us "..can act like a total c*ck at times."

As one who fulfils the nice (as in its original definition of "precise" or "accurate") description of a Christian, _I_truly_am_happy_for_you.

Not half as glad as SWMBO. If she found out I'd been leading a double life all these years; cross-dressing, wearing make-up and using ladies' conveniences, I'd probably never hear the end of it.

Bet you it's not. Firstly it'd be a lot quieter, there'd be much less traffic on the roads, the housing problem wouldn't exist, and crime would be non-existent

Me too!

If you aren't interested in any of the vehicles, a simple "No, thank-you." will suffice (as opposed to a vitriolic outburst containing more fine examples of the vernacular) even though I find your flowery prose most refreshing.

If my reasoned and justified replies to your unwarranted insults leaves you in some way feeling curiously dissatisfied (to split the infinitive), paraphrasing two of my literary heroes (The Human Torch's author and some old codger who wrote funny and probably smelled), then I say,

"Flame on, Macduff" (sorry, Elgin) ;-)

Oops. I seem to have neglected the most essential part of this thread so, in the words of Gustav Tourette (not the famous one, just an unfortunately (yet oh-so ironically) named gentleman),

FU( I< VV4I\I I< 5I-I I TT `/ I3 0 L L 0 ( I< 5

Reply to
weallhatebillgates

Wrong. The original meaning of "nice" was "foolish", first recorded in the

13thC, from the Latin "nescius", meaning ignorant. The meaning changed over the years, to timid, fussy, dainty, and then in about 1500, precise or careful (as in "a nice distinction"). By the 18thC it meant agreeable or delightful, a meaning which it has retained pretty much since then. Have a look at
bottom of the page.

Again, no. A split infinitive is where a word (usually an adverb) comes between the "to" and the verb in phrases such as "to boldly go". "Curiously dissatisfied" (if that is what you referred to) is not one of these.

Sorry to be picky, but if I posted that all Series 2s had permanent 4WD and diff lockers, I'd expect someone to pick me up on it.

;-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

"> snip

Nice, and boldly done Rich!

Steve Durban

1984 110 V8
Reply to
Steve Maloney

Really? You don't come across that way.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Yeah I know. And I shouldn't have ranted etc. posting flamebait which won't happen again. Hopefully neither will the string of events (outside, not on ng) that led to my state of mind yesterday (which situation was exacerbated by beer - don't do it kids). But to be called a string of names, insulted and to have my integrity questioned for not instantly replying (and I explained why, and apologised) and to be accused of being someone who I've heard several bad reports about shouldn't happen either.

Reply to
weallhatebillgates

Didn't you see the BIG smiley at the end of my post? Lighten up.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Button bashing in practice for another round of Daley Thompson's Decathlon, Richard Brookman left Shakespeare to the monkeys by typing...

Am lightened :-)

Had lots of bad news, bad beer and (for a short time) an attitude that sucked. Took a big happy pill and smelled the flowers. Even drove past Elgin and waved at Briggsy.... GT Tyres Forres - quad-tracking & decent service

Reply to
weallhatebillgates

Thank goodness for that.

Next time, take the happy pill first, OK? We all get bad news and experience sense of humour failure from time to time - no need to take it out on innocent bystanders.

Now go and have some good beer. ;-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman