What torque?

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me whats the correct torque value for the bolts that hold on the pto cover plate on, on a LT230 T/Box?

Judging purly on how they felt when I undid them last night Im guessing around 25 - 30Nm.

Thanks Jon

Reply to
Jon

anything here?

don't have the time to poke through the PDF's...

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

TORQUE VALUES in Nm

LT230T Transfer gearbox Pinch bolt - operating arm to crank arm 9 End cover gear change housing 9 Bottom cover to transfer case 25 Front output housing to transfer case 25 Cross shaft housing to front output housing 25 Gear change housing 25 Pivot shaft to link arm 25 Connecting rod to adjustable clevis 25 Anti-rotation plate intermediate shaft 25 Front output housing cover 25 Pivot bracket to extension housing 25 Finger housing to front output housing 25 Bearing housing to transfer case 25 Brake drum to coupling flange 25 Bearing housing cover to transfer gearbox 45 Rear output speedometer housing to transfer gearbox 45 Selector finger to cross shaft high/low 25 Selector fork, high/low to shaft 25 Transmission brake to speedometer housing 72 Gate plate to grommet plate 9 Gearbox to transfer case 45 Oil drain plug 30 Oil filler/level plug 30 Differential case (front to rear) 60 Output flanges 162 Differential case rear stake nut 72 Transfer breather 15 Transfer box front drive flange to drive shaft 45 Transfer box rear drive flange to drive shaft 45 Transfer gearbox mounting brackets to chassis 30 Mounting brackets to transfer gearbox 55 Mounting rubbers to mounting brackets 21 Shiftlock Shiftlock screws 9 Neutral switch 25

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

...always slightly less than that which stripped the thread.Like the one on the oil jet in my 200Tdi rebuild project :-( Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On or around Sat, 14 May 2005 21:16:24 +0100, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

"moderately tight".

actually, I probably have the correct answer here...

29-37 lb ft, with loctite 290.
Reply to
Austin Shackles