Vectra rocker box torque setting

Hi,

I am looking to replace the rocker box gasket on my 2lt Vectra (t-99) and wonder if anyone can tell me the correct torque setting for the (14?) torx headed screws that hold the rocker box down ??

Thanks,

Paul...

Reply to
Wordy

They should be tightened to 8Nm.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

Which equates to "just nipped up".

Reply to
Conor

Which doesn't equate to what the OP originally asked for, which was a torque value.

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

The message from "Anthony Britt" contains these words:

Leaping (uncharacteristically) to Conors defence, it's actually a useful comment. Most torque wrenches don't go that low so "just nipped up" is the best most people will do - and it's probably adequate, too.

Reply to
Guy King

Because they are probably not much stronger than a stick of toffee.

Reply to
Chris Street

Generally speaking - small bolts and small spanners = small torque. I wouldn't put an 18" long torque wrench anywhere near rocker cover bolts.

Reply to
adder1969

Situation normal for Vauxhall rocker covers then?

Reply to
Conor