Where has the group gone?

OK

Lets start the bidding

As its one from the days of £'s , /- and Pence

lets start at Five Bob

I'm sure some one will see me and double me

Or Summat like that

;~))

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

Dammit! I was gonna offer 2/6! Seeing as I'm feeling generous 7/6!

Reply to
GbH

I wouldn't offer anything, LWB Landies just don't interest me .. Now if it were an 88" chassis, or a S3 swb, or later 90" chassis anything ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

mark writes:

If you were a 'genuine' Land Rover enthusiast you would be interested in any of the models. :-)

I'm using my '63 109" at the moment while I check the Range Rover out for it's MOT and put a couple of discs etc.on the back. I also have a '54 86" and a '68 2BFC Diesel (original). I got lumbered with Landrovers after Willys MB and Ford GPW's became thin on the ground (from which, incidentally, Landrovers were copied) and too expensive to play with.

Reply to
Oily

OK, I said it wrong, I'm interested in Landrovers alright .. just not enough to buy a LWB one. I prefer to use them and for off-roading a swb suits me better .. wish I'd never sold my last S3.

I came close to buying a 101 a couple of years ago, circumstances made me miss it or I'd have it now.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

In message , hugh writes

Ooh. Nice to now there's some left in that state. Yours? I dunno. Bet its more than 10k.... I do actually already have a very dilapidated 2a safari but it's in a sorry state.

I've spent about 2k (including purchase) on my ex-mil 109 series 3 ('75) and its still scruffy, (mostly) original but working hard when required :)

Reply to
mark

I know you are interested, I was just pulling your leg. I've done lots of off roading and green laning for which I preferred my old SWB Series 2. The

109" is a good workhorse and with the centre of the rear body bulkhead cut out it's just the job for carrying the bike to the IOM though it's not as agile as the SWB which was well battered, I don't think there was a straight panel on it.

My 2B is a 110" and think I've had at least one of every model of series motors. I could do with a fresh rear tub for the 109": anyone got one to swap for an 80" or 88" body ??

Reply to
Oily

They don't look right if they're too clean. First thing I did with mine was put it on a galvanised Marsland chassis, way to go.

Reply to
Oily

ONE GUINEA! (A bid from the back)

Reply to
Molesworth

Well I was going to suggest 10/6

But I thought that would be a cheap divorce

The "Battle Axe" has said if another S2 appears on the drive she'll be off

AND I couldn't afford that :~((

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

Life has been 'interesting'. Work has kept me too busy to spend much time near my SIIa and I've been spending far too much time in aeroplanes but I have managed a few excursions on the venerable R80.

Reply to
EMB

You'd be suprised just how capable a 109 is, 'off road' when driven well. The technique is totally different to driving a 88 when in the rough. The relative lack of power (compared to the weight) forces you to plan ahead rather more and pick your route better, because of course it's even more dificult to unstick, than a SWB when it does go all funny.

Cheers.

Dave B.

Reply to
Mr Dave Baxter

I've been in a few .. and I do like 'em, just that I'd spend money on summat else .. ;)

Probably why I have a Disco, somewhere between the two .. with added comfort ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

In message , Mr Dave Baxter writes

For whoever it was who asked, no it's not mine personally. It belongs to Staffordshire Search and Rescue Team but has recently been replaced with a brand new Mercedes Sprinter 4x4 after we won the Peoples Millions Lottery Grant. (And no we haven't had it off-road yet)

Reply to
hugh

Hmmm... I know where there is a S2 or 2a 109 Safari "just resting". But I also know that as well as the chasis and bulkhead, the side door pillars for the rear side passenger doors are also shot. They are even more unobtanium then genuine never used S1 chassis! The inside has been used as a chicken shed too, so a huge ammount of guano to move as well. Pitty, from a short distance, it looks fine. Close up, you wonder how it's not broken it's back.

I don't have the space either, so it's safe for now.

Dave B.

Reply to
Mr Dave Baxter

In message , Mr Dave Baxter writes

Mine has had the engine swapped for an isuzu diesel at some point. It runs fine once a battery is connected. I should go and have a look at the pillars sometime :) It's a bit dented but it does have most of the safari bits attached.....

Reply to
mark