where's the relay?.

Hello all. Driving home the other night in the rain my indicaters failed.Also i have no hazards. Its not the fuse as other components that run off the same are still working. So im assuming the relay is to blame. The one that i was sold at halfords has 2 spade connectors.But the relays behind the fuse box have 4 or 5 connectors.According to haynes the relay for the flasher unit should be behing the fuse box. So have i been sold the wrong type or is it lurking elsewhere in a land rover 90?. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
bones

It's behind the fuse box. Assuming it's the same as on my ex-mil 110 then it's got about 5 pins as it's an electronic type and not one of the older mechanical types. On mine it's got a case you can see through to see all the electronics. Can't remember the wire colours off the top of my head but iirc indicator wiring is mostly green.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Everett

I am new to the site and I had same problem with my landrover 90 1984 model I could see inside the relay and I notice a thin layer of rust on the contact strips I used wd40 to free mine. I just let it settle in first then reconnect you should hear the trip switch trying to open. if fail first repeat wd40 and shake relay till metal inside is oiled. Hopefully this free the contact.

regards john

Reply to
john n oakes