Which fluids?

Hi, what would you recommend as the best (reasonably affordable) fluids to put in the gear box and transfer box?

Ta, Angus.

Reply to
Angus McDangle

(for a 90 2.5 TD)

Reply to
Angus McDangle

Twas Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:47:29 +0100 when "Angus McDangle" put finger to keyboard producing:

Which vehicle? My 1984 110 takes ATF in the LT77 gearbox and EP90 in the transfer box. Just regular off-the-shelf stuff at my local motor factors.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

ATF in the gearbox, EP90 in the transfer box and diffs while you're at it.

Reply to
Niamh Holding

Twas Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:19 +0100 (BST) when snipped-for-privacy@4x4cymru.spamtrapped.co.uk (Niamh Holding) put finger to keyboard producing:

Don't forget the swivels.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Whilst you can use EP90 in them, there is a special swivel grease, which is why I didn't mention them :)

Reply to
Niamh Holding

Twas Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:29 +0100 (BST) when snipped-for-privacy@4x4cymru.spamtrapped.co.uk (Niamh Holding) put finger to keyboard producing:

Had a debate here recently about using the grease, couldn't get a straight answer about grease being suitable for my 1984

110, something about the type of upper barings or something, that's why I ended up putting EP90 in until I get a straight answer.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

ninety for years now, no problems, touch wood!

Reply to
Dave Reynolds

Twas 29 Oct 2004 13:09:32 -0700 when snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Dave Reynolds) put finger to keyboard producing:

hmmm mines 1984... hmmmm

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On 110s to '86 they are bushes rather than bearings it seems.

Reply to
Niamh Holding

On or around Sat, 30 Oct 2004 02:20 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@4x4cymru.spamtrapped.co.uk (Niamh Holding) enlightened us thusly:

didn't stop me putting grease in mine...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The sachets (STC3435S) are much easier than the bottles.

Reply to
Niamh Holding