96 Camry Windshield Wipers won't Stow

Hi, My Dad has a 96-4cyl Camry. The windshield wipers do not stow when you cycle the switch into the off position. Also when you use the windshield washer they just stop in the middle of the glass. I had a similar problem with my Carola and all I had to do was change out the ww motor, but on the Camry I can't even see the ww motor. Does anybody know what the problem could be with the Camry? And if it is the ww motor how do I get to it?

Thanks! Gene

Reply to
gdrew

==== Open the hood. It is on the left side (US passenger) near the electrical wiring that goes through the firewall, near the top. Mostly you'll see a round black motor housing apx. 6' in length.

Reply to
Daniel

Reply to
gdrew

The Gen 3 USA cars had the wiper motor located on the passenger’s side (your left when facing the firewall from engine side). It was between the firewall and upper shock tower.

If not here, operate the motor and run down the location of the noise. The motor has a cam and switch relay that is supposed to stop the motor at the same location each time it is turned off. If this system is not working, the motor will just stop and not cycle back to the stowed position.

Reply to
toyomoho