wiring direct to the battery.....help

My ciggy lighter stopped working in my Disco a while back. I have finally had a look and there is no power getting to the fuse box, so I have presumed there is a broken wire between the battery and the fuse box? Anyway as I only want to use the lighter to plug in a tyre compressor to inflate mi tyres can I do the following. Using a spare ciggy lighter connect that to the battery terminals, the middle connection to the positive and the side connection to the negative using crocodile clips and suitable wire? This way I should be able to simply pop the bonnet and inflate as needed. Anyone any info?

Thanks.

Reply to
Cyberwraith

Cyberwraith uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Yes but stick a heavy fuse in line too. Alterantively you can get ciggy sockets with crock clips off the shelf at any half decent auto shop.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I knew there was something that I had forgot, an inline fuse holder. I did not know about the ciggy lighter already supplied with croc clips, I have bought them all separate. Never mind mi soldering ain't that bad.

Reply to
Cyberwraith

I'd just cut the plug off the compressor and fit croc clips direct to the wires. Its not worth having extra bits to clutter up the car and get lost right when you need them IMO.

Reply to
Tim Jones

Good idea, I will probably do that instead.

Reply to
Cyberwraith