WTD: 88" chassis

Help!

I finally got round to taking the tub off my SWB SIII last night. Not a pretty sight!

Soooo, anybody in the Yorkshire area (UK) got an 88" chassis they need to get rid off, preferably in better condition than mine. I'll even consider a RR classic one with a view to shortening it.

Unfortunately it has to be cheap. Not my choice, but SWMBO has spoken.

Thanks in anticipation.

Reply to
Pete Foster

Reading this, it occurs to me that there must be some info, somewhere on the web, detailing just where the joints between old and now are on a half-chassis. Because replacing a chassis seems to be one of those things with pitfalls on the vehicle licensing side.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Not necessarily.

DVLA: Cars must use

  1. The original unmodified chassis or unaltered bodyshell (i.e. body and chassis as one unit - monocoque); or or
2.A new chassis or monocoque bodyshell of the same specification as the original supported by evidence from the dealer/manufacturer (e.g. receipt)

And two other major components Blah blah blah

So if you use an original design chassis (or indeed half chassis) in your rebuild then I cannot see why there is a problem.

The easiest solution, as always, is not to tell em :D

Alex

Reply to
Alex