1992 ES300 EGR malfunction

Hi. I pulled the diagnostic codes from the car after the check engine light had been showing up and the code it was producing was 71, which is supposed to be an EGR system malfunction. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what I should do after this. I know someone who can repair cars, but I think I'd have to tell him more specifically what is wrong.

Thanks.

Reply to
Eli Luong

What is the code you are getting? is this it?

DTC P0171

If so, you may be able to fix this quite well yourself.

Fish

Reply to
fish

Furthermore,

Here is my suggestion to you. Clean your MAF sensor. At least 2 things are very likely to happen. 1] your car will run smoother. 2] chances are the check engine light will go off, and remain off.

How many miles are on your vehicle?

I used this method when i got code p0171 and the check engine light has remained off. i can not tell if they gave you the wrong code for '71', i never heard of that one, but i dont have much experience with these.

This is the DIY i used to guide me through the process. its easy.

2&c Fish

Reply to
fish

This is a 1992 Lexus, so they still use the older type of diagnostic system. The newer models use the type of codes you presented. Vehicle is currently runninig at around 130,000 miles. What is the MAF sensor - I'll take a look at the link you gave, too. Thanks.

Reply to
Eli