1993 Lexus LS400 A/C filter??

Hi Everyone!! :)

According to my Lexus service 'man' - my 1993 LS400 does NOT have an air conditioning 'filter'. Is he right? According to the owner's manual - I'm supposed to change that non-existant filter every 24,000 km's or 12 months. I'm confused!!

Do any of you know the truth? AND have any of you changed YOUR a/c filter? [on a

1993 LS400] Apparently it's somewhere behind and/or below the glove box and the filter folds in half. [but that bit of info comes from someone who admits that they're not sure IF that's true - or not]

Thanks, Craig!! :)

Reply to
CanadaCraig

The filter you describe exists in the SC400... I can vouch for it. Replaced mine once in the past. I imagine the LS400 would have the same setup since the cars are similarly engineered.

conditioning 'filter'. Is he right? According to the owner's manual - I'm supposed to change that non-existant filter every 24,000 km's or 12 months. I'm confused!!

[on a 1993 LS400] Apparently it's somewhere behind and/or below the glove box and the filter folds in half. [but that bit of info comes from someone who admits that they're not sure IF that's true - or not]
Reply to
Atlantis

Thanks Atlantis!! Appreciate the reply. Did you replace your a/c filter for any particular reason OR just following the maintainance schedule? Do you remember how much it cost?

Craig!! :o)

Reply to
CanadaCraig

I own a 1993 LS 400 and yes there is an A/C filter. I had mine changed and it made a HUGE difference in the air flow. Mine must have been very dirty. I also had to have a little freon added. Between those two things being done I felt like I had a new A/C system.

conditioning 'filter'. Is he right? According to the owner's manual - I'm supposed to change that non-existant filter every 24,000 km's or 12 months. I'm confused!!

[on a 1993 LS400] Apparently it's somewhere behind and/or below the glove box and the filter folds in half. [but that bit of info comes from someone who admits that they're not sure IF that's true - or not]
Reply to
David Smith

Thanks David!! I appreciate the reply. When I picked up my LS on Friday the Lexus service guy admitted [after looking into it] that there is indeed an A/C filter on my car. [as you well know] The filter [Canadian part number

88880-50010] costs about $110 to $120 CDN dollars. [for those who want to know] I'm looking foward to having it replaced because the air flow in my LS is really quite poor. I'll also have them check the freon level - while they're at it!!

Thanks again, Craig!! :)

Reply to
CanadaCraig