2001 GS430 Tailight Replacement

I need to replace the tail light bulb in my GS430 ('01). I removed the two cap screws from the inside edge of the tailight assembly, but it doesn't come free. I don't want to yank the wrong way and break something - can anyone give me a pointer?

Reply to
matta

In addition to the two screws that you referred to, there are also two nuts that are holding it in place on the other side (by the fender). To access them, you have to open the trunk. You will see behind the tail lights two plastic screws that you can twist with a coin. They even have the icon of bulbs on them. Remove those screws and you can remove the nuts holding the other side of the tail lights. Good luck and good job not forcing them (unlike some other people may have in similar situations).

Reply to
Viperkiller

Thanks! I knew I was missing something!

Reply to