IS 250 - price?

How much is the starting MSRP for the IS 250 going to be, anyone know yet?

Reply to
beems

Lexus hasn't released the pricing yet.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

That almost has to be wrong. At least with my IS300, I test drove a

3-series BMW and thought on balance it was a slightly nicer car, but it was not so nice that it was worth the $5000 higher price, not to mention worse reliability. That's what lead me to buy the IS.

Japanese carmakers are generally pretty savvy, and in this case I expect that Lexus knows very well that the only way it will gain a market foothold against BMW is to sell it's almost-as-good-but-more-reliable cars for considerably less money. that's how they competed against Mercedes with their LS in the 80s and early 90s.

Reply to
Mark Klebanoff

FWIW, at least in the US, sunroofs were pieces of the metal roof that opened up. As I recall, Honda in the late 70s replaced that metal piece with a glass one, so you could see the sky even with the roof closed, and called it a "moon roof"

so in fact there is a difference, although I doubt there are many, or even any, cars whose "sunroofs" are metal.

Of course, also in the US, we call it a moon roof because teenagers stand up through that hole and "Shoot a moon" at the other drivers ;-)

Reply to
Mark Klebanoff

It will be a few thousand under a BMW 325i.

They have to under-cut BMW or it simply will not sell.

Reply to
GRL