2002 GS300 throttle stuck

Driving on the freeway today I had to pass another car. I gave full throttle and passed the car but when I let off the throttle it was stuck. I had the tranny in normal drive mode not manual and no cruise control. Also the floor mat was not stuck on the throttle. I had one foot on the brake while I tried engine braking in manual mode. Also tried canceling cruise control and tapping on the throttle. Nothing was working untill the car just decelerated on its own. This of course scared the shit out of me. I have not given the car full throttle since. I am getting ready to take the car from LA to Vegas this weekend. This has never happened before, should I take the car in for a diagnostic check?

Opinions....

Reply to
billyzoom

Well, unless you have the ability to free up the linkage (most of this throttle is what is called fly by wire,). but there is some linkage, I think. Anyway, this is a safety issue and if you can not fix it, take it in to someone who can. You can not just keep driving it!

Reply to
sf

DO NOT DRIVE IT !!!!!! CALL A TOW TRUCK AND HAVE IT TOWED TO THE NEARES DEALER !!!! Then have them give you money for it and go buy a dodge neon. It is broken and probably can never be fixed! Some lexi are like that.

Reply to
mcbrue

DO NOT DRIVE IT !!!!!! CALL A TOW TRUCK AND HAVE IT TOWED TO THE NEARES DEALER !!!! Then have them give you money for it and go buy a dodge neon. It is broken and probably can never be fixed! Some lexi are like that.

Reply to
mcbrue

The car does use an electronic drive-by-wire system. There is a metal cable that it uses as a backup only. It should be checked by a technician.

Reply to
Viperkiller