Throttle stuck 97 F150

Merrily cruising the highway; take it off cruise, and the throttle stuck. Had a heck of a time turning around going home. Shop took off the throttle cover; said "maybe" it's bent and snagged the throttle cable. Me, I suspect cruise - didn't Escapes have such an issue?

Reply to
darkmeister

You can disconnect the Cruise Control linkage as a test of your theory. My theory is that the throttle cable is dirty and binding on the inside of the sheath.

If your theory is right, disconnecting the Cruise will solve the problem, and you fix it as necessary from there. If my theory is correct, disconnecting the Cruise will have no affect.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland