2003 RX300's tape deck died

Started playing at various speeds the other day. Now when I insert a cassette, it just says "play" indicates forward, then indicates backward, then ejects the tape. Same thing when I try to fast foreward or rewind. Same thing with a cleaning cassette that has very little tape in it. So I guess the deck is going to need replacing. Any ideas as to what the cost will be for the replacement or repair at Lexus?

Thanks,

J Golden

You still use cassettes????????

Reply to
Archon

I've got about 600 of them and an equal amount of CD's. I don't have the time to copy 600 to CD-R's.

Remember... 2003 was just 6 years ago. 6 years from now, pe>J Golden wrote:

Reply to
J Golden

You can try United Radio in Syracuse, NY for repair service. I'm not sure if they still are, but they used to be where Toyota dealers sent audio equipment for repair.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks,

my Toyota dealer literally went out of business overnight a few weeks ago. But wouldn't I need to figure out how to remove the deck to ship it to them? Believe it or not, in the NYC area I've found only 1 Lexus dealer whose service I believe lives up to the level of what owner's expect from Lexus. (My Toyota dealer was better than all the others which is sad indeed). It's an hour's drive for me, but I'll probably take it to them for the 95k service and see what they can do with the tape deck.

Reply to
J Golden

Here is a link to instructions on how to remove the trim around the radio. Removing the radio should be obvious when the trim is removed.

Reply to
Ray O

I don't see the link. Can you post it again.

Thanks.

Reply to
J Golden

That would be because I forgot to paste the link:

In place of the hook tool that they talk about in the instructions, you can use a putty knife covered in masking tape.

If that doesn't work, go to panavise.com, then click on the "Mobile Electronics Mounts" link on the left side of the page, then click on the "InDash Custom Dash Mounts" link, then enter your vehicle brand in the vehicle brand box and click the "find" button. Scroll down to your model and model year and click on the part number and instructions for installing a custom in-dash mount will come up. In order to install the mount, you have to remove the trim piece, which exposes the radio.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks,

the Link worked correctly.