2004 LS430 Recall: Passionately pursuing perfection?

Yesterday I got my two recall notices:

The first lines were: 'Lexus is dedicated to the Passionate Pursuit of Pefection' and as such, they will replace may trannsmission and fuel pump. Of course, at no cost to me, just at may inconveneince!

I bought the car in Nov. last year. I loved it, and I still do....a lot! When is OK, is great!

But...it started to stall as soon as the weather got warm (I'm in CA, so this was April).

They promtly changed my fuel Pump, so, I guess, I'm ahead of the curb on this one, with some 14,000 recalls in line!

I wonder: is replacing the tranmission such a benign technical act, that it will not create some problems later, as the fit may not be as perfect as it should. I'm not a mechanic, so I just wonder!

I would like somone at Lexus to define 'Perfection' for me, as I'm not sure I've got anything close to a perfect car.

I checked a few other's 'luxury' import's 2004 recalls:

- Infinity: none;

- Mercedes, S-class =trunk latch; E-class, seat belt.

- Jaguar S: reprogram transmission

- Acura 3.2TL: some transmission fix.

I will check other year's recalls tomorrow, but I'm getting the fealing that I have to get a new dictionary.

I hope, and actually expect, that, as such major, radical changes are to be done to our cars, Lexus should do someting extra for us, like extending the warranty or such, as, if this 'Passionate pursuit of perfection' hits us again, one or two years from now, we should not have to repalce I don't know what on our own $s!

Personally, if Lexus will want to replace my car with a 2005, I will gladly do it if they were to ask for a reasonable amount!

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Regards to all Passioantely pursuited by perfection car fellows!

Adrian

Reply to
Munteverde

ahead of the curve. As in statistics and statistical curves. You're ahead of the curve.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Give the original poster a break! It is just a typo! He wrote "curb" and he should have wrote "curve". The letters "v" and "b" are next to each other on the keyboard.

Reply to
sf/gf

Right....I'm the original poster and yes, it was just a typo. I should have written 'curve'.

So, the guy who corrected me is also in the 'Pursuit of Perfection'! Give me a break, so, maybe, Lexus will give us one!

But, so far, nobody seems to care as much as I do about these recalls and their effect on our time, pockets and, maybe, 'souls'.

BTW: my LS430 also has the tranmission lag.

Adrian

Reply to
Munteverde

That's because recalls are common and happen with all cars. Would you prefer than Toyota just let the problem go? It's an annoyance, but not something most of us get that worked up over.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

Reply to
ssvalina
  1. Yes 'recalls happen with all cars', but the 2004 LS430 seems to take the kake! Also, for 2004, Lexus seems to beat all the otheres in the magintude of the 'fix'.

I'm 58, and so far I had 2 Buicks, 3 Nissans, 3 VWs, 3Chryslers (1 a Jeep), a few others, and never had a major recall such as this double one. I acknowledge that the LS430 was a major expense for me, and I expected better....

  1. The Lexus dealers seem all to be responsive with me on the recal as well as the previous fule pump fix, but for me these events were unexpected and represent major nuissances.

  1. My car, as well as many of your's will probably continue to chock at low speed, as the transmission will try to downshift...and, from what I read on this newsgroup, although a commonb problem, does not seem to be on the top ot Toyotsa's list as things to address to the customers' satisfaction, in their (Toyota's) Pursuit of Perfection!

In search of a perfect world, regards to all,

Adrian

Reply to
Munteverde

ROTFL!! :-)