Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

The Lexus slogan is a sack of horse feathers. The PR and Advertising people are not on the same page with the Technical people. I have a 04 ES330 with two Quality Control problems (neither new to regular readers of this forum) one an irritant, namely, the moonroof crackling sound problem (hardly perfection) I have had the car in 4 times for this to no avail. Band-Aids like silicon spray, a new rubber seal, a glob of grease here or there and a supposed tightening. This is a design problem, look at the moonroof assembly of an LS an entirely different breed of cat (to be expected since the average LS is around $70K) The ES moonroof assembly is mostly chintzy plastic. The second is a MAJOR safety issue, namely, the transmission control system. I have nearly been involved in three potential high speed rear end accidents in rush hour freeway "need to get up to speed quickly" merge conditions. You are on the ramp gradually accelerating until you reach your opening, you hit it.........nada......you're rapidly running out of merge lane. There is a blasting of horns, shrieking of brakes ...you just make it. I and all the people behind me have been lucky three times. This is happening all over the world Lexus (if just one of you Lexus decision maker people read this forum) Live up to your slogan Lexus. Squeaky roofs I can live with, non responsive throttle response across the spectrum can take my life. Final thought...BMW and MB might have quality issues of late but they are NOT safety issues.

Reply to
Pappy

Protect yourself in these situations: Shift down manually first. I call it "defensive ES300 driving"!

Reply to
RR

Are you the guy who had a similar discussion about the roof on CLUBLEXUS.COM?

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

Reply to
Pappy

I have the es330 with same tranny issue, so I agree with you. Keep in mind, ES330 is just a glorified Camry. The moonroof is identical (my inlaws bought a new camery so i checked it out)... Just the the lexus has better suspension, insulation and its assembled in Japan, so that makes it better too.

MB does have one HUGE safety issue - fly by wire breaks. Same issue as what we are having but in reverse. They cant stop or they stop too quick. Honda has tranny issues - where tranny could disangage during highway driving.

I think Lexus can fix these hesitation issues, they just need to be pressured to doing so.

Reply to
Dan J.S.