2005 GX470 / Levinson Won't Play most CDRs

Hey folks. Does any one have good news for me on this? My new GX470 will only play certain CDRs. I have not determined the difference between the playable CDRs and the unplayable CDRs. Suffice to say all the CDRs play in my other car....

Thanks in advance.

Bud

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC2 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

Buddy

If you are burning cdr your self try using 4x recording speed or lower.

Sergei

Reply to
Sergei Olonichev

Never had a problem with any CD-R in my 12 year old Toyota....

Reply to
Travis Jordan

More then likely its just your "burning" of them that's bad. Try different speeds and brands of disc.

Reply to
Masterson

I used to have similar problems with the standard CD changer in GS300, but once I started using 650MB CDRs for burning music CDs, everything was fine. They are also usual data CDRs, not the "special" music CDRs. The only problem is 650MB disks are hard to find these days, almost everything is

700MB now. Also, make sure that you finalize the disk when you burn it.

I hope this helps.

Reply to
Oleg

Make sure you finalize the CD-R. CD-RW can also be problems. Of course DVD disks are not going to work in the CD player and MP3 collections are not supported.

Reply to
CFL

Burn at 2x and it will work...

Reply to